A handy link for people who use the Perl CLI debugger. Didn’t know it had one, or don’t know how to use it? ask your local Perl Mongers for assistance.
And of course, you dont’ see the PHP, XML, Java, Python, Rails, etc on mine 🙂
So, which animals are you?
Also, which colors, do note that most of mine are blue. If you need help, just look at the predominant colors of your zoo (the O’Reilly books you have).
Team Bad Karma is hosting a scenario game this weekend, so come play with Desert Edge as we assault the OpFor (Team Suppressors). For event information head to : Bad Karmas Events Site
The new “Perl Wiki”:http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?perl_5_wiki is now up and running hosted via the Perl Foundation. For those of you wiki lovers, you now have a better place for your information. Time to start posting some new information.
So, I completely forgot to print out my gpg fingerprint for the signing party here, so didn’t go get any new sigs. But I did see a tool I hadn’t seen before: “View my GPG Stats”:http://pgp.cs.uu.nl/mk_path.cgi?STAT=EF1C0078&STATS=statistics
And folks, don’t forget to bring a GPG fingerprint to the UTOS conference and get some good signatures, and join the Utah “Web of Trust”:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_trust.
As one person mentioned in irc, “GPG is the Linkedin of the real geek world”
According to MJD:
“Why is the animal on the sendmail book a bat? Because both the bat and sendmail suck the life out of you!”
OSCON always pushes the limits in terms of connectivity. Let’s face it, this many geeks, fighting for the available resources. This year has set new records in my frustration to get online.
- The Doubletree (where I am) hotel does not have wireless in the rooms
- They do have wired ethernet, but it’s not free this year
- I can’t connect in my room
- I had to spend several phone calls and lots of time with support
- No rebooting my computer will NOT help in this situation
- FINE, send the tech up to check the wire to the wall
- at least now they are switching rooms to one that has a cable or switch port that will work 🙂
- spr and I wound up playing Apples to Apples with sirhc and some other folks in the lobby while trying to get online.
- They have 179 rooms
- They can have 100 concurrent users 🙂
- But tomorrow there will be twice as many people, in a smaller amount of rooms for the keynote
Basically, if you’re lucky enough to connect to anything but the oscon connection (and it will be this way during the keynotes) you won’t get an IP.